The Combined TEFL Course
120-hour Online & 20-hour Practical
The 2-day Practical TEFL course
An important component of TEFL teacher training.
– Understanding the basic principles of classroom management.
– Fundamentals of giving and checking instructions and using the board effectively.
– Techniques to elicit and check the meaning of new language.
– Understanding of phonetics: phonemes, word and sentence stress.
– Experience learning a foreign language and using it in TEFL.
– Approaches and different techniques between teaching Young Learners, Business English and Online Teaching.
– Practice in planning and teaching both a system lesson and a skill lesson using suitable frameworks.
– Provide you with constructive feedback in teaching practice.
– Guide you into finding teaching work in the English as a Second Language (ESL) industry.
The Practical Course is delivered by Cambridge DELTA trainers.
The course includes:
– Two days of dynamic TEFL Practical, based on the 120-hour TEFL online methodology and other ESL material.
– A concise, relevant TEFL teacher training course Manual.
– A 20-hour TEFL Practical Teaching Certificate.
Choose from flexible weekend dates:
Practical TEFL teacher training – weekend classes only.
Saturday: 8am to 5pm & Sunday: 8am to 5pm
– 09 – 10 May 2020
_ 16 – 17 May 2020
– 06 – 07 June 2020
– 04 – 05 July 2020
– 01 – 02 August 2020
– 05 – 06 September 2020
– 03 – 04 October 2020
– 31 Oct – 01 November 2020
– 05 – 06 December 2020
City Lodge Hotel Durban Conference Centre, Sylvester Ntuli Road, Durban.
– 23 – 24 May 2020
– 27 – 28 June 2020
– 25 – 26 July 2020
– 22 – 23 August 2020
– 16 -17 May 2020
– 20 – 21 June 2020
– 18 – 19 July 2020
– 22 – 23 August 2020
The Weekend Practical course can be taken anytime, during or after the 120-hour online course.
Due to the COVID – 19 pandemic, all Practical courses have been suspended until 30th April 2020.
You may select other course dates for confirmation, conditional to the the all-clear from the health department on gatherings.
Should any course date be postponed, you will not lose your practical course fee.
You can reschedule another course date at any time.
The Practical Course Program
Day 1 – Saturday, 8 am to 5 pm
Day 2 – Sunday, 8 am to 5 pm
TEFL course material manual
Teaching young learners,
Teaching business English,
Eliciting and checking meaning
Teaching receptive skills lessons (Reading and listening)
Pronunciation / phonetics / word and sentence stress
Tutor led feedback
Teaching a systems lesson (grammar and vocabulary – foreign language lesson (using the PPP framework)
Teaching practice preparation
Teaching practice and feedback
Finding work in the TEFL industry and general
Reflective task home assignment (2 hours)
20-hour TEFL Practical certificate.
The 140- hour Combined TEFL Course
Special at only R3,090
The complete Teach English as a Foreign Language (TEFL) teacher training course.
– 120-hours TEFL online theory course and certification. Flexible to complete anytime
– 20-hour / 2 days of comprehensive and fun weekend TEFL practical teacher training.
– No boring lectures. Real interaction and feedback with your professional trainer.
– Highly recommended by online and in-class employer schools and teacher recruiting agencies.
– Book your weekend practical course date now and start the 120-hour online course anytime.
Outstanding teacher training by TEFL South Africa.
120 hours TEFL / TESOL Certification & 20 hours Practical course and certificate.
International Certification Recognised & Accepted Worldwide.
I am truly impressed with TEFL SA. I was sceptical at first… However, I was soon proven wrong and thoroughly enjoyed each moment of the course. The practical weekend brought the online information together nicely, where theory is put into practice in such a logical manner. This course is worth it!The course was awesome. Hard work and very professional. Lots of fun as well. I’m ready to teach and have lots of fun…Thanks to TEFL SA. The staff is also very kind and helpful.Great experience. The online and practical courses were lovely. Very chilled process, no pressure and lots of opportunity to learn and ask questions. I enjoyed it very much. Thank you.